Please visit my website: www.graceduff.net/Brian to see samples of my work and to learn more about me.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Burns everyday. Not the way your thinking though. Burns for vengeance."

Scripting to me is filled with "oh, duh" moments. These are the moments when you realize you've been ignoring something obvious the entire time. It's like being lost for hours and then remembering that you COULD just look at your map, or that actually your goal was to get lost... or, that you've secretly driven right to where you wanted to go. It's weird how much this happens.

So the working title of the play is Saloon! Which has that fun wink-wink feel to it. But really, I want something pulpier and a little more genre-feeling. The Last Plot in Revenge is the working on it title, and could well be the actual title. The main character in the play is, of course, seeking revenge, and the subplot is based around two families in a feud, (Not that kind.) and the town this all takes place is named Revenge. So...

I was interviewing folks to work as dramaturgs and music directors or composers this weekend. And beyond getting inspired by so many talked and engaged people, that were really excited to hear me ramble on about Brecht, Waits and a lot of the other inspiration I have for the script... Beyond getting stellar feedback and being torn by so many good options... (and still having a few more interviews to complete) I realized something about the play. It's a story about revenge.

Oh..... Duh.

-BGD

No comments:

Post a Comment