Please visit my website: www.graceduff.net/Brian to see samples of my work and to learn more about me.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Second Meeting...

So guess what isn't good for writing a new play? Writing another new play. At least.... once again, not for me. So why is it then that the day after my brain maps out the play I'm working on for BRAT, a new one I've been struggling with the large concept for years bursts to life? Somewhere, I think my brain feels that I've solved the problem of the other one and wants a new challenge. Somewhere, I think my brain is trying to drive me mad with too many projects. And somewhere.... there's a pla-A-ce for uuuuuuussss! (Ignore what I did there.) No, somewhere I also think this is good and exciting. The point is, that it's maddening to have nothing you're excited about, to feel stuck and then to be over-whelmed. Why aren't there other feelings for writers?

And I can credit this to connecting a concept from one of the writer's who presented last night. She (d'oh, just gave it away to all the fellow group-members who aren't reading my blog) is exploring a wide concept in a play that I've always wanted to take a hack at in a very specific way, which is my way of saying I'm NOT stealing your concept. And a question my new friend (I have a new friend!) said to me as we were leaving the bar in regards to my messed up high school years: "Where's your play about that?" Which is something I've...quite frankly....never even considered.

But now I have to.

-BGD

No comments:

Post a Comment